About this Blog

Hello i am Mat and i am a true food enthusiast. Cooking isn't just cooking it is more than that. It is the ingredients that you use, the way you arrange your dish and of course it is the people you share your food with that makes cooking so special. I put my heart and soul into it every time i prepare a meal for myself and others. Lot's of people spend heeps of money on shopping I spend money to get the best ingredients there are to make the best dish I can. This blog will mainly focus on food and travel but I also want to talk about everyday topics. Cant wait to read your guys comments!

Mat the German Food Ambassador

Tuesday 10 February 2015

Captain's log, Stardate: time to fly



Wow Iberia airlines has so many movie,s to me that means: Movie marathon!!

I dont't know why but i just cant sleep while on the road. It doesn't really matter whether I am in a car, train or a plain. My brain just can't shut off. So I sit back and let the show begin. By the way I am seated next to a fat guy (as always) so this means less space for me. Why can't they just for once put me next to a hot girl or just a normal guy my age?? People you actually would like to sit next to. But then life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get right? At least I have the window seat this time so thats a plus.

Ah the show begins. The flight attendants appear with their fake smile (I used to work in a hospital I know what a fake smile is) and the captain narrates the whole procedure with his slightly bored-everthing is alright-mumble voice. Seriously where do captains learn that??

The rest of the flight is like any other flight to me. I watch movies till my eyes hurt. Three times my movie marathon gets interrupted by the flight attendants. They want to know whether I want the chicken curry or the vegetarian meal.

Do I really have a choice here??

But man's gotta eat. I am against microwaving food as I think it changes food into something bad. It makes food taste weird and also cooles off faster than cooked food. Have you ever compared the taste of microwaved hot chocolate to regular stove heated hot chocolate. If you have I think you know what i mean. Or maybe it is just me...

I go for the curry as curry always smells good it doesn't matter wheter it's microwaved or not.
Later there comes a time i feel every passenger fears:

You have to go to the loo. First of you don't want to bother other people getting up for you (the drawback of having a window seat). The sweaty fat guy just started snoring. And second of the perspective of going into that tiny, smelly cabin puts you right back into your seat where you will stay for another half an hour till eventually you cannot take it anymore. The fat guy is NOT amused. In the cabin I do my routine which I call the dragon stand (if you must know I used to do Kung Fu). Position your feet far apart from each other, as far as the cabin allows you to and lower your arse just so you don't touch the toilet. It will take some time till you master this technique but it is worth it. Why is it that people seem to lose their manner as soon as it is not their own
toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment