About this Blog

Hello i am Mat and i am a true food enthusiast. Cooking isn't just cooking it is more than that. It is the ingredients that you use, the way you arrange your dish and of course it is the people you share your food with that makes cooking so special. I put my heart and soul into it every time i prepare a meal for myself and others. Lot's of people spend heeps of money on shopping I spend money to get the best ingredients there are to make the best dish I can. This blog will mainly focus on food and travel but I also want to talk about everyday topics. Cant wait to read your guys comments!

Mat the German Food Ambassador

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Captain`s log, Stardate 29.01.2015

I am standing in the shower. The water comes out only scarcely. It`s more like a rinse than a shower. It`s been weeks since I last took a proper warm shower. I am looking out of the window and I can see a hummingbird zigzaging from flower to flower. It`s feathers shine like blue and green. What a pretty little thing. Another day in Paradise:-)



It is almost time for breakfast and I am getting myself ready for the day. Breakfast is at 8.00 am and afterwards I have to work for a few hours. Here people say: manos a la obra (lets get to work).
I am a volunteer at Varsana jardines ecologicos. A hare Krishna monastary located in the heights of the colombian Andes.


Welcome to Varsana, no tequila, no sex and obviously no marihuana. Yes they are strict about these rules here but this aint Shaolin guys. As a volunteer you can basically just chill and have a good time if you respect their rules. They will try to engage you into their daily routine (which includes lots of chanting, dancing, clashing tiny cimbals and even more chanting) but they are not pushy about this so if you just tell them that this not your thing they will let you be.

Krishnas timetable is tight.


No comments:

Post a Comment