About this Blog

Hello i am Mat and i am a true food enthusiast. Cooking isn't just cooking it is more than that. It is the ingredients that you use, the way you arrange your dish and of course it is the people you share your food with that makes cooking so special. I put my heart and soul into it every time i prepare a meal for myself and others. Lot's of people spend heeps of money on shopping I spend money to get the best ingredients there are to make the best dish I can. This blog will mainly focus on food and travel but I also want to talk about everyday topics. Cant wait to read your guys comments!

Mat the German Food Ambassador

Sunday 8 February 2015

Captain's log, Stardate: decision time

Back home in Germany I had been working shitty jobs more or less. One after another and I just could't seem to find an occupation that would give meaning to my life.
Inbetween the jobs I did stuff I actually liked, like traveling New Zealand. I also did an apprenticeship as trilingual business secretary which I knew from the start I would not work in this profession as office jobs bore the fuck out of me. I just did it for the language part of it. That was the time when I fell in love with the spanish language. Later on I went to study International Business Communication in England. While studying I realized that I only liked parts of my course, to be precise I liked the communication part of it not so much the business part. I was really into the international feeling that came along with my course. I loved being around different nationalities, speaking 3 languages and simply communicate with these folks.
There are many ways to communicate. One way of mine is to cook for people or let them cook for me. This is such a brilliant way to connect with each other and to build a good and stable relationship. Why else would there be business lunches?
Food can tell you so much about the people who prepare it. It's like a Facebook profile. It tells you where they are from, their likes (still no dislike button on Fb damn it!) and simply who they are so cooking to me can be very informative.

So back home I thought of how to combine my different passions.


The spanish language, travel

- go to South America, travel all the way from north to south


Talking, writing, communication (I can talk a lot)

- create a Blog, write about your travels


Cooking

- meet people that love cooking, cook with them and collect their recipes to write a cook book


Music

-collect awesome music from everybody that crosses my way

This trip is like a little self experiment. I am basically trying to find a way to generate money with the things I am passionate about. Dunno if anything comes off it but at least I tried. Time will tell I guess. One thing is for sure though I am not going to go back to working shitty jobs. I had enough brainfuck for my life.



the Lord of the rings, Nelson, New Zealand


installing solar panels (only fun if weather is fine)



Graduation day, Preston, UK

No comments:

Post a Comment