About this Blog

Hello i am Mat and i am a true food enthusiast. Cooking isn't just cooking it is more than that. It is the ingredients that you use, the way you arrange your dish and of course it is the people you share your food with that makes cooking so special. I put my heart and soul into it every time i prepare a meal for myself and others. Lot's of people spend heeps of money on shopping I spend money to get the best ingredients there are to make the best dish I can. This blog will mainly focus on food and travel but I also want to talk about everyday topics. Cant wait to read your guys comments!

Mat the German Food Ambassador

Monday 16 February 2015

Captain's log, Stardate: time for the last cigarette?

Here I am standing in fornt of varsana's stone gate. I have seen this gate so many times on the internet. Months ago I had pictured myself standing here and now I am actually standing in front of it. Many thoughts go through my head. I am thankful that I finally reached my destination but I also feel kind of disappointed because there is a horrible road right next to my place for tanquility. This place was supposed to be my place for recollection and relaxation and now this??
It's not that I am sensitive to noise (love techno) but I dont't want to be listening to it 24/7.
I grew up on the countryside the only thing you hear from time to time are the bells of the cows and thats it. I probably wouldn't have come if I had known about this road. But then again I wouldn't have met these amazing people.

I actually had planned on smoking my last cigarette here in front of this stone gate. I had pictured the monastary to be smewhere amidst the peaceful Andes, the sun slowly setting on the mountain tops painting them in a deep red colour. This should have been the setting for my last great cigarette, a setting even the Marlboro man would have envied me for.

The trucks drive by so close I can hardly roll a cigarette. I have to turn around so the tabaco doesn't get blown off by the airstream of the trucks. 
I am glad the Marlboro man doesn't have to see this. Ridiculous!
I lit my rollie and look through the tunnel shaped entrance. There is a person standing in the dark. They know I would arrive late so this must be my reception committee.

I am taking a drag of my cigarette thinking this is like the shittiest last cigarette ever, I owe it to the Marlboro man damn it!!

Unsatisfied I put my cigarette out and step through the tunnel into my new life.




No comments:

Post a Comment